Joomla web developer, online marketer, Technical Director @ 3B Digital, Founder @ Silicon Junction
Information Technology and Services | London, United Kingdom, GB
Jack is an online marketing specialist and IT Consultant, with over 7 years' experience in network architecture as well as designing and building consumer-facing websites and corporate portals that are focused on user-centered design, business objectives and ease-of-use. He is responsible for the online promotion of a variety of corporates, SMEs, charities and NPOs, always bringing a fresh approach to tradional online avenues expecially in the area of social media.
Jack studied BSc Hons Management & Information Technology including Financial Accounting, IT in Organisations, Ecommerce, Business Management, and Human Resources, combining these specialisms in his role as Technical Director at 3B Digital Ltd, London.
In 2011 he launched the hyper-local business collaboration network, Silicon Junction, focusing on tech and creative companies around Wandsworth, enabling larger projects to be pitched on through a transparent approach to the pitching process.
He has spoken at several events, including the J and Beyond International Joomla conferences and the Wandsworth Business Forum.
Specialties: email and online marketing, web best practices, search engine optimisation, open-source software solutions, bespoke IT networks, server architecture, graphic design, office optimisation, jargon-free training.
IT Buzz-Word Compliance:
HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Joomla, Web 2.0, Adobe Photoshop, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Goldmine, Sage Line 50
2011 - Present
Founder / Silicon Junction
Building a community of creative industries in south west London, centred around Clapham Junction. Website implementation, marketing, business networking.
2003 - Present
Technical Director, Web Developer & Online Marketing Consultant / 3B Digital
3B Digital is one of London's leading design houses and digital marketing agencies, created in 1998 specifically to build websites both for companies new to the Internet, and for those looking for a newer and fresher website design. I particularly enjoy the variety of industries we work in, including entertainment, education, charities and blue-chip clients.
• Managing company sales, as well as the actual implementation of new online technologies and marketing systems, specialising in "open-source" solutions which promote continual development in the most cost effective environment for the client.
• Increased 3B's exposure to developing web markets through the development and implementation of interactive Web 2.0 marketing systems and content management systems for new and existing clients.
• Designed, implemented and trained clients on the backend of the Institute Of Chartered Accountants of Australia (ICAA) website (www.icaa.org.uk), allowing them to increase annual revenue by 100% within the first six months.
2003 - Present
Sales Director / seeyouattheparty.co.uk
• Selling seeyouattheparty.co.uk services to event organisers who require short-notice photography and online galleries.
• Managing our book of professional and student photographers.
• Managing online orders at every stage, from initial order through to selection of suppliers and final fulfilment.
Head of marketing / J and Beyond International Joomla Conference
Online marketing, social networking and strategy for one of the most popular community-led open source software conferences.
Established the prototype "Joomball Rally" vision in 2011.
Spoke at the 2010 on using social media to boost business leads, and at the 2011 event on best practice for launching a Joomla website.
Account Manager / RedDoor Networks
• Managing client accounts and specifying bespoke solutions for IT networks and communications systems in Education, SMEs and NPOs. Promoted to be in charge of company's biggest clients.
• Building company sales and marketing initiatives to reach increasing monthly targets, selling complex and technical products and services by proving trust and knowledge to clients.
• Introduced bespoke automated newsletter system for marketing the company.
University of Manchester - Manchester Business School
BSc Hons Management & Information Technology
Financial Accounting, IT in Organisations, Ecommerce, Business Management, Human Resources
Activities: • International Mentor to a student from Canada.
• Promotions and Merchandising Officer of the university Ski/Snowboard Club. I made the club profitable by building an online shop.
Computers, Economics, Mathematics, Design & Technology
Activities: Philistines Theatre Appreciation Society, Quaffers Wine Appreciation Society, Rugby 1st XV Team, Hockey Team, Clay Pigeon Shooting Team
Brighton College Junior School